Skip to main content

A Series Of Unfortunate Track and Field Events

 jim carrey lemony snicket lemony snickets a series of unfortunate events GIF


I would like to share a few stories that either myself, my friend, or someone I watched has partaken in. From personal experience, let me tell you there is nothing better than trying a new event out by yourself thinking you will somehow become the best practicing horrible, self-taught form. Not only do you suck, but you are also very nervous and are likely to hurt yourself. Yet, even people who have experience and are great at events can do some stupid things. Sometimes some stuff happens that should just never happen too. I am telling you these experiences because they are funny, maybe a bit sad, but mainly because I want to tell you how you can be smarter and safer and not put yourself in these situations. SO LETS SHARE SOME STORIES ABOUT GETTING HURT AND STUFF!!!
 

1. LETS TRY POLE VAULT!

No coach, I would rather not have tried pole vault but that's okay (it is not). Here is some background information, I only did the 400 meter, shotput and discus in high school. So going from that long list of experience to trying 10 events is probably the stupidest sh** I could've done. Anyways, one day I decided to practice pole vault by myself. I made a big mistake not having a coach or anyone else to watch me, especially this being my second week of learning pole vault. I thought, "Hey I can do this by  myself. I'm sure it'll make my coaches proud!" I got a pole and went to the runway. The bar I had to jump over was 9 feet high (otherwise known as low as sh**). I twisted my bar around so the label was not facing me and stuck it out getting ready to run. I sprinted down the runway and stuck the pole in the pit and jumped with all the intentions of making it over the bar...., but instead it turns out the pole I was using was facing the wrong way so it flung me right onto the ground and I tore my labrum from the force of the bar returning my energy back into me. Lesson to learn: Have coaches with you at all times when doing any event, make sure the pole vault bar is facing the right way, and never try pole vault.



2. HEY CATCH THIS!!

There is an event only for the manliest of men and womenliest of women?? That is the weight throw where you literally spin around in a circle and throw a ball that weighs 35 motherf****** pounds for men and 20 fatherf****** pounds for women. The first indoor meet of the season last year was held at Franklin and Marshall (F&M) in our conference. F&M has a coach on their team who signed up to do the weight throw and this man was no joke. The best actual collegiate students who threw that thing made it around 40 feet, which is impressive. This big man threw that ball so far that it flew over the end of the pits which is 60 feet away! One throw went so far and was so inaccurate that it wound up rolling on the track and rolling into a runner who was currently racing! The runner was not hurt luckily, but I am sure that kid pissed himself or at least I would've. Lesson to learn: Be weary of your surroundings at all times and if you are a coach who can throw far as all hell do not show off to all the children and endanger people!

3.   THE SNACK THAT IS DEAD NOW... GOLDFISH :(

I sure wish that this was not true and I wish it was about just the crackers. My friend Sean, who is on the track team at McDaniel, does steeplechase. People who run steeplechase are the craziest people you will ever meet. These people run almost two miles around the track while jumping over giant wooden fences, including one that has a pit of water on the other side. Sometimes people like to decorate the fences and put stuff in the water pit before the race begins. Well, some satanic person decided to put actual live goldfish in the water pit and FORGOT TO TAKE THEM OUT BEFORE THE RACE!!! Sean was in the race and noticed the fish in the water during the event, but as a contender in the race you can't simply stop! So sadly many goldfish were stepped on and killed by the many people hurling themselves in the water. Lesson to learn: Don't be the a**hole to put live fish in the water and forget to take them out. Also, learn how to use all your leverage so you can completely jump over the water pit because it will save you a lot of time, effort, and potentially save the lives of little fishies. 

  fail GIF


Thank you all for reading I hope you enjoyed! Remember to be safe and smart when doing any sporting event because you can really get hurt if not using proper technique or equipment! 


Source of Gifs:  https://giphy.com/search/

Check out some of the best athletes in Track and Field and in other sports: https://news.nike.com/athletes


Goldfish smile cheer goldfish goldfish crackers GIF

Updated Content: Just reworded some things in the first story example because I'm stupid and cant't form simple sentences and use correct grammar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Track and Fail'd Vlog

NOTICE: This video is a remake of the original one. Since I've posted my first video I have changed my blog and brand entirely. My video is formatted differently as well and my goal is to teach everyone how to be the best they can at track and field. Previously, I had a blurry identity for my brand and my content was more personal than professional and informational. New Identity: Track and Fail'd is all about giving viewers entertaining and informational value that anyone can use when trying to learn or participate in track and field. I like to show blunders of events and training to lead up to how to do things right so you can be safe and make progress.  THE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmtWTAsp8Fw The new me is clean and mature and if you have a problem with the way I do things you can....     Or you could just contact me and give me advice: alexmejias0429@gmail.com STAY TUNED FOR WEEKLY CONTENT!  TUESDAY NIGHT IS WHEN THE NEXT BLOG WIL

Movies Vs. Track and Field

IT IS FINALLY HERE!!! I had to post this late because the last time I went to record this video I got sick. I apologize for it being a week late, but I really enjoyed making this video. This video is about different movie and show characters and how their lifestyles would translate into Track and Field performances! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNVGPofL0IU I watched all of these movies and the one show and they were all great (except maybe 4 Minute Mile in my opinion). I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to give me any feedback: alexmejias0429@gmail.com Sources for music:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0ZQPqeJkk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w Stay tuned for more blog posts! Twitter:  https://twitter.com/AlexMejias0429 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trackandfaild/